Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm so happy!!

I am so happy to see everyone is still in this and losing weight and getting re motivated. I thought everyone had just said forget it during the month of February. I didn't exactly say forget it in February but I didn't reach my goal of 10 pounds. I actually only lost 2.5lbs the whole month. I really have no excuse except I didn't journal like I should. Last week I weighed and I was up 6 pounds which really freaked me out, but this morning I weighed and I'm down to 184.6lbs. I'm down a total of 12lbs. I'm thrilled with the number even though I wanted more, but I can't expect big #'s if I'm not doing to work. We have 2 more months until final weigh-in for the challenge and I'm going to really focus these months.
I ran my first 1/2 marathon on Saturday. It went well most of the way. It was really windy for the last 6 miles, so it felt like at times I was hardly moving the wind was blowing so hard. I felt like I was running with someone pulling be backwards at the same time. I finished and we had a really fun girl's day with my sister-in-law and friends. I'm prepping now for the SLC 1/2 marathon which is 7 weeks away. I can't wait for it because I'm going to be without kids for 4 days. I have not been away from both my girls over night ever, so I'm excited to get a few days to myself but also a little sad to be away from them. Keep up the good work everyone.

3 comments:

The Barney's said...

it is awesome that you did the 1/2 marathon. i am amazed at anyonw who can run like that!!!! you'll do great at the slc one and in may i get 4 days away from kids (but with justin which is great) so i am excited for you too. of course we'll miss them but how nice!!
so i didnt do too hot this last 3 weeks either. i did great work outs but i didnt count point since the day before valentines day. I has been 151, up to 153, then i weighed once and was 155 but the next day i was back to 154 which was a full week ago, so i had to start counting again last monday. i was 150.6 when i weighed this morning. 17 lbs total with 10 to go by 4-30-08. we CAN do it! this last week made me excited to keep it up. i am going to email the blog address of a guy, who used to be in the pines ward. he was 393 lbs last june and did ww and worked out and is now 224 lbs!169 lbs. what inspiration to loose our weight!! talk to ya soon and keep it up.

arah said...

wow, a 1/2 marathon, that is awesome. I think I will do bloomsday this year...i know, i know, it's on a Sunday, but I really do enjoy doing it and it gives me a goal to work towards.

kim said...

You're awesome Cindy. Wish I could just run to the mailbox and back with out getting winded:), but I am back on medication and that should help!

Way to keep it up!