Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Things are looking up...pounds are shedding!

My neice Kelly took me under her wing. She used to be a personal trainer and now is aprenticing to be a Pilates Instructor. I was going to try South Beach, but she gave me a little more advice. She told me that sometimes South Beach, can be to hard in the beginning that many people get discouraged and set themselves for up for failure. She said, "Not that you are going to fail!" And I totally get what she is saying! I started February 19th, counting calories, and have ruled out all whites (white bread and white sugars), and I ain't missing them. I have lost 8 pounds this week!! Kelly told me to stick to Calories and watch my fat intake, kind of like Weight Watchers, but without the points, and the weight will fall off. I am taking in 1200 Calories a day and not feeling deprived whatsoever. I am home which makes it a lot easier, I can get the hardest part out of the way before I get back to work. I thought 1200 Calories, THATS ALL? She said as soon as I work exercise in I can boost my calorie intake, but I am okay with that for now. I journal all my calories, and have stopped drinking those fatty "drinks", Arah you know what I am talking about!

Thanks for all of you support and I want you to know I will never give up! This means to much to me!

Love,Lindsey

3 comments:

kim said...

Way to go!!!! Keep it up! We're pulling for you!

Cindy said...

Awesome blossom Lindsay. You rock!! Keep up the good work. I'm right there with you that if you have a bad day there is always tomorrow for a new fresh start

arah said...

yeah linds, i am happy for you!